Re: Re[2]: Public/private -- your input requested

From: Anand Pillai <abpillai_at_nospammail_dot_net>
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 05:24:45 CDT

  Coming back to Alan's suggestion, I support the process by
which decisions are taken by public discussion as opposed
to private discussions. It might be a longer process, but at least
the members would feel that they are part of the process, though
the really useful inputs/suggestions might be coming only from
a few of them. This would simulate a voting democracy where
everybody has a voice, though the leaders make the decisions
for the followers.

Personally, I would be more interested in the programming questions,
though It would be worth it to follow the discussions on the bigger
picture also.

Regards,

~Anand

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:14:39 +0200, "Matteo Giacomazzi"
<giacomazzi@programmazione.it> said:
> Hi Arthur,
>
> AK> I think it's critical that we have a discussion of the public vs.
> AK> private thing among the group, because I don't think it should be
> AK> automatic one way or another. That's particularly true about
> AK> discussions that precede any potential decision to make it public.
> AK> In this regard, I am a "process" person, not necessary a
> AK> "secretive" person. I merely want the issues laid out in the
> AK> process of making a decision.
>
> If the discussions about decisions are public, we don't have to
> explain to anyone why we decided to do something in a particular way.
> Furthermore, no one can say that there's a dictator that decides for
> eveyone.
>
> My 2 cents! :)
>
> --
> Regards,