Test Lead Wanted

From: Alan Dechert <adechert_at_earthlink_dot_net>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 11:01:22 CDT

I notice that Sourceforge has bug tracking software available for the
project. Has anyone here used their bug tracking software? Maybe there is
better software available? A quick search turned up something called
Bugzero. What do you think?

http://www.websina.com/bugzero/

Then there's Elementool:

http://www.elementool.com/

My philosophy is that the term "bug database" can be misleading. "Bugs" are
anything people don't like about the software. It's not just about fixing
something that's broken. This is a very important role. The Test Lead will
have a lot to do with shaping the software and ensuring a quality product.

A developer could double in this role. Any volunteers? Nominations?

I think the best candidates for this are:

Matt
Matteo
Anand

I would like to have a decision very soon. We will discuss it at the
meeting we are having in Palo Alto today.

- -- Alan Dechert