Re: Palo Alto CA Meeting Agenda July 31 3pm PDT

From: Matt Shomphe <mshomphe_at_comcast_dot_net>
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 12:11:09 CDT

>> We need a development (code) lead. The development team also needs to
>> get
>> cracking!
>>
> Matteo and Anand both have Python-specifc websites, which seems to
> indicate
> some level of expertise with Python.
>
> Jack might be a good candidate since he is a local and UC affiliated.
>
> Then, of course, you went ahead and delivered the first code for the
> project.
>
> Any nominations?

Well, not me! I'm just a lowly linguist (with no project management
experience)! I think any one of those three would be an excellent
candidate. They can arm wrestle for it :)

I have a question that should probably be brough up in this meeting:

How "throw-away" is the demo code? There have been threads here talking
about (a) that actual development will be from academics and (b) that
python might not be the final code base. Python is pretty transparent, but
we could probably code in such a way that converting the demo code to C/C++
would be very simple. If it's completely disposable, then it's not
something we have to worry about...

m@