Re: Posting Source Code

From: Alan Dechert <adechert_at_earthlink_dot_net>
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 13:54:09 CDT

In addition, I have met with Kevin Shelley's staff (before he became SOS)
several times (2001-2002). On May 16 of this year, I met with John
Mott-Smith, chief of the elections division. He had requested that I give
him a letter to justify the study which I co-authored 2.5 yrs earlier with
Henry Brady, Director of the Survey Research Center. Here's the first page
of the proposal:

http://home.earthlink.net/~adechert/src_proposal.html

This letter from Senator Perata to UCB Chancellor Berdahl was written on my
request:

http://home.earthlink.net/~adechert/perata3.jpg

On Nov 16 of 2001, Prof Brady and I met with Ruzena Bajcsy, the Head of
CITRIS, along with Jim Demmel CITRIS Chief Scientist. Also in attendance
were Vice Chancellor Beth Burnside and Associate Vice Chancellor Bob Price.
This meeting was arranged after Chancellor Berdahl wrote a letter to the
CITRIS folks

I have also written to MRC Greenwood, Chancellor of UCSC. She wrote back
thanking me for sending the information about the proposal. I'll post a
copy of the letter if you like.

There is no issue here about saying we're working with UC faculty and
students on this project proposal.

Alan