Re: Ballot Format v. Interface Format

From: Matt Shomphe <mshomphe_at_comcast_dot_net>
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 20:28:24 CDT

> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:02:11 -0700, Alan Dechert <adechert@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >
> > We're just printing the candidates selected, remember.
>
> That makes the printed ballot different from the PC or Web ballot. I
> thought they were all supposed to look the same...

Please review earlier posts on this subject.

I guess this leads up to another topic: we probably should have a
requirements document and a specification written up and posted to a
location where people can go and look for questions like this. Keep in
mind, however, this is the RAD model.

Which reminds me of a job interview I had some years ago with Netscape. I
was explaining to them my test philosophy gained from years of experience
including working with such companies as Borland and Intel. I was
explaining how the product must match the spec. In order to test the
product, we have to know how it's supposed to work. The spec has to tell us
how it's suppose to work. If they don't match, we have to correct the
product or the spec or both. The next question was, "What if the product
has already shipped but the spec is not done?"

Alan