Re: Re: Wish to participate in voting

From: Matt Shomphe <mshomphe_at_comcast_dot_net>
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 15:44:10 CDT

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:10:02 +0200, Matteo Giacomazzi
<giacomazzi@programmazione.it> wrote:

> I'm one of those who doesn't need to see what's described in
> background information because I already know the works of David and
> I'm going to review his latest book on programmazione.it (I've
> received it a couple of days ago).

I second that emotion. Dr. Mertz's "Text Processing in Python" put my
brain in a knot and opened up whole new worlds to me.

> I guess Matt knows him too! :)
> I guess every Python programmer knows David!

I just about did a backflip when I saw that Dr. Mertz was interested in
this project. :)
Judging by writing style alone, both in his book and online, he's a
fantastic teacher who will bring weight to the advocacy branch of this
project. Hopefully we can get him coding, too! (I'd like to use some of
the gnosis utilities for XML processing).

We're extremely lucky!

M@