Re: Donation plan? and more

From: Alan Dechert <alan_at_openvotingconsortium_dot_org>
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 13:00:03 CDT

Arthur,

> The board will meet on November 11th one way or another.
>
Absolutely.

> I assume Alan's decision to follow through on your stated
> intention to resign, or to instead stay on, will depend on
> whether there is sufficient funding or prospects of funding
> by November 10th.
>
Over the phone, you have suggested that I go ahead and resign and have an
interim president. I rejected that notion.

Please read carefully what I am saying. I have not resigned at this point.
In no case will I offer an unconditional resignation. I will resign if a
replacement is found that can clearly bring fundraising capability that I
lack. Otherwise, there is no advantage to the OVC in my resignation.

Furthermore, you have made other suggestions about how you think the OVC
should change (change the mission, especially). I do not approve of these
changes and if you persist in advancing them I will never resign.

Alan Dechert
==================================================================
= The content of this message, with the exception of any external
= quotations under fair use, are released to the Public Domain
==================================================================
Received on Mon Nov 1 15:28:49 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Mon Nov 01 2004 - 15:28:58 CST