demo go/no-go decision

From: Alan Dechert <alan_at_openvotingconsortium_dot_org>
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 16:08:23 CST

Last week I mentioned that we'd like to have the demo ready in a few weeks.
Let me throw out this date: morning of Friday Dec. the 5th (or first week in
Dec).

To do this, I think we need to have all the software together by next
Tuesday (Nov. 25th). This needs to be alpha quality or better. Mainly the
components we're talking about are the VII, the GUI, and the tabulation
demo. Please, Anand, Jan, and Chris: let's see if you can get these pieces
to us by next Tues. BVA is already there and probably good enough. Maybe
Matt can ensure that at least the testing on BVA is done by then.

We'll make a go/no-go decision the next day (Wed the 26th) for the
first-week-in Dec demo. The software needs to be pretty good -- it doesn't
need to be perfect. If it's good enough, we'll have time to test it and
learn to work around or fix any problems we encounter. We will need
detailed instructions on how to set it up. If we can decide on Wed to go
ahead, we can go ahead with press releases and such immediately.

Thanks again for your efforts.

-- Alan Dechert 916-791-0456
http://www.openvoting.org
==================================================================
= The content of this message, with the exception of any external
= quotations under fair use, are released to the Public Domain
==================================================================
Received on Sun Nov 30 23:17:04 2003

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Sun Nov 30 2003 - 23:17:13 CST