Re: Source licensing

From: Karl Auerbach <karl_at_cavebear_dot_com>
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 10:40:33 CDT

> ... However, statutory damages can be obtained through trademark
> registration, which requires intervention of legal assistance.

I think you are mixing copyright and trademark. Statutory damages are
available for violation of registered copyrights, but I'm not sure that
they are available for unregistered (or even registered) marks except for

It is possible to do both copyright and trademark registrations without
legal assistance. Nolo Press has good books on this stuff.

Also, there's information via and


= The content of this message, with the exception of any external
= quotations under fair use, are released to the Public Domain
Received on Mon May 31 23:17:29 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Mon May 31 2004 - 23:18:16 CDT