[OVC-discuss] Alan Dechert Appointed Technology Advisor for OFA 2.0 California

From: Alan Dechert <dechert_at_gmail_dot_com>
Date: Mon Mar 09 2009 - 11:35:53 CDT

In case you are not on our announcements list, here is something I just sent
out. I was really Brent Turner's hard work with the Obama campaign that
made this possible.

I am pleased to announce that I have been appointed a technology advisor for
California's Organizing for America (OFA 2.0) group. OFA was announced in
January by President Obama, and is now coming online [1]. You can find
Organizing for California on Facebook. Look us up and join!

FYI, this was what I wrote for my first post to the group:

     Glad to see this get started. It seems to me that since
     President Obama is for transparency and open source, and
     since the California Secretary of State wants to see
     open source voting take hold in California, this ought
     to be something this group could promote. I hope so
     anyway. Despite all the talk, voting system software is
     all a bunch of trade secrets belonging to companies like
     Diebold, and the testing process is all a big secret.
     I'm thinking we ought to have government by, for, and of
     the people, instead of by, for, and of the corporations.
     We need FREE open source software (not proprietary
     disclosed code like some have suggested).

--Alan D.