Re: Military voting

From: Edward Cherlin <echerlin_at_gmail_dot_com>
Date: Thu Mar 29 2007 - 20:22:38 CDT

In the recent political climate, it almost doesn't matter. Do you
remember James Baker in 2000 angrily demanding that all military
absentee ballots be counted, even if they violated the law? Until we
can call such people to account, the law is nearly irrelevant, as is
the theoretical security of any voting method whose security
requirements will not be observed in practice.

On 3/28/07, Michelle Gabriel <mwg@jmbaai.com> wrote:
> Can someone point me to some websites/studies about the best, most
> secure method for military voting? I understand there isa provision in
> the Holt Bill about military and overseas voting that some have
> objections to. What is the best way to do this?
> If I could get some info on this in the next 24 hours it would be much
> appreciated.
> Could you please pass this request on to any other lists you have that
> might have this information?
> Thanks,
> Michelle

Edward Cherlin