Re: [Fwd: Re: [CalifElectionProtection] questions]

From: Alan Dechert <dechert_at_gmail_dot_com>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 11:34:21 CST

Ed,

> Sorry but no attachments are allowed on the OVC list due to
> security concerns. In the Acrobat Reader try Edit>Copy File
> to Clipboard and then paste in your mail client to put it so it
> can be read. No guarantees but it usually works.

Actually, attachments are allowed on this list. I've sent quite a few
myself. I set a size limit of 250 kb. Occasionally, I put through larger
attachments (we get admin message if someone tries to post something with a
larger attachment)

I used to worry some about filling up my (and others) email disk space
quota. With gmail, I certainly don't have to worry about that anymore.
I've had my gmail acct for a couple of years and have 93% free space with
very little maintenance.

Now, also, we have a security expert from Adobe on this list (Greg
Christopher). I'm counting on him to bail us out of any security problems
due to PDFs.