Re: Research financial assistance request

From: Alan Dechert <dechert_at_gmail_dot_com>
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 17:44:37 CST

Only 130 or so.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Arlene Montemarano
  To: Open Voting Consortium discussion list
  Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 3:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [OVC-discuss] Research financial assistance request

  This was another case of not checking the "to" line before clicking send. It was meant to go to Nancy Tobi, personally, of course.

  How many are on this list, 600 or so? :-)

  Arlene Montemarano wrote:
    I can offer you a bed if you stay in DC again. I am not far from a Metro station to take you into DC. I am in Silver Spring, near the city line.

    It would be an honor to have you.

    Nancy Tobi wrote:

      All,

      I am writing to ask for financial assistance to continue my research and work regarding the EAC and its role in our national elections. If everyone donates a little, it will go a long way. For this next trip I need at least $300 to cover flights and overnight lodging.

      In the past few weeks I have attended the NASS and EAC Standards Boards meetings in DC and Atlanta respectively. EDA, DFNH, and a few wonderful individuals helped me finance those important trips, but it still cost me more than $500 of my own money. So at the end of the month I will be at minimum $800 in the hole for this. I earn a decent living, but it is only enough to cover my household needs, not more, not less. In this regard I am blessed, and I recognize this. But if you can help with the costs for this research, I will be eternally grateful. I expect this will not be the last trip I need to make on this mission.

      I wasn't sure what I would learn at the Standards Board meeting, but it turned out to be one of the most important events I could have attended. I have not yet written a report on this, because I am still deciphering everything, and when I put my findings out there, I want them to be solid and rational. There is, in the interim, likely to soon be a report forthcoming from Truthout on my findings.

      This is the key to it all, or at least, one of the important keys, and I need to learn more.

      To this end, I am planning on attending the next meeting of the Technical Guidelines Development Committee at the end of this month, which will provide even more information.

      I promise that we will all benefit from my attendance and reports. I was the only member of the public at the Standards Board meeting.

      If you can help, please let me know. Any checks can be sent to:

      Nancy Tobi
      186 Crooked S Road
      Lyndeborough, NH 03082

      If anyone has a better idea of how to finance this, please let me know that too. I don't know any sugar daddies, myself.

      Warm regards,

      Nancy

      --

      Nancy Tobi, Chair