Re: [Fwd: Re: [CalifElectionProtection] questions]

From: Edmund R. Kennedy <ekennedyx_at_yahoo_dot_com>
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 14:59:04 CST

Hello Michelle: Sorry but no attachments are allowed on the OVC list due to security concerns. In the Acrobat Reader try Edit>Copy File to Clipboard and then paste in your mail client to put it so it can be read. No guarantees but it usually works. Thanks, Ed Kennedy -- 10777 Bendigo Cove San Diego, CA 92126-2510 858-578-8842 Work for the common good. My profile: <http://geocities.com/ekennedyx/> ----- Original Message ---- From: Michelle Gabriel <mwg@jmbaai.com> To: ovc-discuss@listman.sonic.net Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2007 12:34:52 PM Subject: [OVC-discuss] [Fwd: Re: [CalifElectionProtection] questions] I don't know if the pdf will go through, but Dan Ashby had attached it to this email. -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: [CalifElectionProtection] questions Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 20:26:18 -0800 From: ca.voteraction@sbcglobal.net <ca.voteraction@sbcglobal.net> To: Michelle Gabriel <mwg@jmbandassoc.com> CC: Voting Rights <voting-rights@yahoogroups.com>, CEPN <CalifElectionProtection@yahoogroups.com> On Wednesday, March 7, 2007, at 04:25 PM, Michelle Gabriel wrote: > What does the Count Every Vote Act of 2007 have that the new Holt Bill > does NOT have? Quite a few provisions about making it easier to vote, and clamping down on dirty tricks. Other than that, hard to say, since it is 116 pages and I just downloaded it. (Attached as a PDF). > > Where can I find the text of the bill? It takes some searching, but I eventually found it on the NCFE website. Seems very odd to me to be advocating the public lobby Congress in support of this bill, without providing it for people to first read. > > What is the status of the bill and is it expected to be in place for > the > 2008 elections? It doesn't seem to have a bill number assigned yet, and no amount of searching for it at Thomas.gov or other federal legislation trackers could turn it up. > > Does the bill have any enforcement clauses? for example, what happens > if > an elections official does NOT allow a non partisan observer to do > meaningful observation? Let us know what you find. > > Thanks, > Michelle > _______________________________________________ OVC-discuss mailing list OVC-discuss@listman.sonic.net http://lists.sonic.net/mailman/listinfo/ovc-discuss