Re: FYI Fw: No more lost votes

From: Greg Christopher <stork_at_electronify_dot_com>
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 14:37:54 CST

I found these links to stories regarding the law:

http://www.votetrustusa.org/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=2306&Itemid=26
http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/03/08/new-congressional-bill-on-
voting-registration-procedures/

Most of the law deals with some very easy wins such as making sure
that election day is a holiday and that people are allowed to vote,
etc. However, there are some parts of the bill that deal with voting
systems and we should review it very carefully.

I called stephanie tubbs jones office and requested the text of the
bill. It is not online yet, but should be in the next couple days and
will be available here:

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/c110query.html

The representative for Ms Tubbs-Jones said that the text will
probably remain pretty much the same as it is. I told him that it is
important that these bills have a chance for public review because
"the devil's in the details".

For those of you who don't know (I doubt there is anyone on this list
that doesn't), Stephanie Tubbs Jones was the congresswoman who stood
with senator barbara boxer in 2005 to contest the counting of the
ohio electoral votes. It was mostly symbolic, but an important action
nonetheless.

Greg