Re: FYI Fw: No more lost votes

From: Edmund R. Kennedy <ekennedyx_at_yahoo_dot_com>
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 13:31:30 CST

I forgot to mention. This is not meant as an endorsement. Just thought it might be interested. -- 10777 Bendigo Cove San Diego, CA 92126-2510 858-578-8842 Work for the common good. My profile: <http://geocities.com/ekennedyx/> ----- Original Message ---- From: Edmund R. Kennedy <ekennedyx@yahoo.com> To: Open Voting Consortium discussion list <ovc-discuss@listman.sonic.net> Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2007 11:30:30 AM Subject: [OVC-discuss] FYI Fw: No more lost votes -- 10777 Bendigo Cove San Diego, CA 92126-2510 858-578-8842 Work for the common good. My profile: <http://geocities.com/ekennedyx/> ----- Forwarded Message ---- From: "Patti Solis Doyle, Hillary for President" <info@hillaryclinton.com> To: ekennedyx@yahoo.com Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2007 10:03:34 AM Subject: No more lost votes HillaryClinton.com <!-- #content a {color:#36578c;font-family:verdana,tahoma,helvetica;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;font-weight:bold;} #content a:hover {color:#c71719;} --> Dear Edmund R., No more votes mysteriously swallowed up by computers. No more provisional ballots thrown out thanks to biased election administrators or inconsistent standards. And no more long lines in minority communities while across town, people wait just minutes to vote. Hillary understands that our right to vote faces grave risk, which is why she introduced the Count Every Vote Act -- legislation the New York Times called "the gold standard for election reform" -- in 2005. But back when they were in the majority, Republicans didn't want real election reform to see the light of day. Now Democrats are in charge of Congress, and Hillary's Count Every Vote Act has a real chance of becoming the law of the land. But Hillary needs you to make it a reality. A massive public show of support for our right to vote will let Congress know that this issue isn't going away until we are confident our rights are protected. Sign on today to join Hillary in her effort to protect our right to vote. http://www.hillaryclinton.com/counteveryvote Yesterday, Hillary reintroduced the Count Every Vote Act in the Senate (with Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs Jones introducing the companion measure in the House). Here's what her bill would do: Ensure that every vote cast on an electronic machine includes a voter-verified paper ballot. Set a uniform standard for provisional ballots so that qualified voters in every state know their votes are treated fairly and equally. Require standards that ensure uniform access to voting machines and election personnel. Hillary said it best when she introduced the bill yesterday: "We have a moral obligation to ensure the integrity of our elections. We cannot rest until we have done everything we can to make sure that voters have confidence in our voting system and exercise their right to vote." We can make this law a reality if Hillary knows she has our support. Sign on today to help pass the Count Every Vote Act. http://www.hillaryclinton.com/counteveryvote Thank you for standing with Hillary today. Sincerely, Patti Solis Doyle Campaign Manager Hillary for President If you feel you have received this message in error, we apologize. You can unsubscribe at any time. Privacy Policy Paid for by Hillary Clinton for President Exploratory Committee Contributions to Hillary Clinton for President Exploratory Committee are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Corporate contributions are prohibited by law. All content 2007 Hillary Clinton for President Exploratory Committee 1717 K Street, N.W., Suite 1001, Washington, D.C. 20036 _______________________________________________ OVC-discuss mailing list OVC-discuss@listman.sonic.net http://lists.sonic.net/mailman/listinfo/ovc-discuss