Research financial assistance request

From: Nancy Tobi <ntobi_at_democracyfornewhampshire_dot_com>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 10:33:27 CST

All,

I am writing to ask for financial assistance to continue my research and
work regarding the EAC and its role in our national elections. If everyone
donates a little, it will go a long way. For this next trip I need at least
$300 to cover flights and overnight lodging.

In the past few weeks I have attended the NASS and EAC Standards Boards
meetings in DC and Atlanta respectively. EDA, DFNH, and a few wonderful
individuals helped me finance those important trips, but it still cost me
more than $500 of my own money. So at the end of the month I will be at
minimum $800 in the hole for this. I earn a decent living, but it is only
enough to cover my household needs, not more, not less. In this regard I am
blessed, and I recognize this. But if you can help with the costs for this
research, I will be eternally grateful. I expect this will not be the last
trip I need to make on this mission.

I wasn't sure what I would learn at the Standards Board meeting, but it
turned out to be one of the most important events I could have attended. I
have not yet written a report on this, because I am still deciphering
everything, and when I put my findings out there, I want them to be solid
and rational. There is, in the interim, likely to soon be a report
forthcoming from Truthout on my findings.

This is the key to it all, or at least, one of the important keys, and I
need to learn more.

To this end, I am planning on attending the next meeting of the Technical
Guidelines Development Committee at the end of this month, which will
provide even more information.

I promise that we will all benefit from my attendance and reports. I was the
only member of the public at the Standards Board meeting.

If you can help, please let me know. Any checks can be sent to:

Nancy Tobi
186 Crooked S Road
Lyndeborough, NH 03082

If anyone has a better idea of how to finance this, please let me know that
too. I don't know any sugar daddies, myself.

Warm regards,

Nancy

--
Nancy Tobi, Chair