Re: Ed's occasional clipping service. "Two Reports Concur: No Error In Florida County Elections>"

From: Richard C. Johnson <dick_at_iwwco_dot_com>
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 12:58:23 CST

The assumption is, of course, that the machines work. Otherwise, the lack of evidence would prove just that there is no auditable record. It is impossible to prove that something worked; it is possible only to prove that it did/does not. The failure to find specific problems means little when the key flaw in the system is its inability to support audits or an after the election investigation.

Nothing cited here accounts for the undercount, either. There seems to be no basis at all for ruling on whether machines malfunctioned, poor design led voters astray, or that there was any other possible reason for the anomalous undercount. We are left without any explanation at all for the huge and unusual undercount.

The Saratoga County 2006 election is the best possible example of why we need paper ballots to bring trust and credibility back into elections. Governor Crist and his allies seem to have that in mind. More power to them.

-- Dick

"Edmund R. Kennedy" <ekennedyx@yahoo.com> wrote: http://www.govtech.net/magazine/channel_story.php?id=104069&utm_source=local_070301&utm_medium=enews&utm_content=story

--
10777 Bendigo Cove