Re: San Francisco debate heating up

From: Alan Dechert <dechert_at_gmail_dot_com>
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 21:11:48 CST

Joe,

> I must say I whole-heartedly agree with Brian on this one... you can't
> just "turn on" source disclosure. It should be structured
> differently. -Joe

And I still say you're missing the point. We may never get forced
disclosure of code never intended to be disclosed. Maybe that's not
desirable, either. I'm not debating that at this point.

Our current bill, AB 851, doesn't ask for that -- only disclosure on new
certifications. Ideally, we get incentives for true open source.

Nonetheless, AB 2097 and the San Francisco case help bring out the issues.
Different methods might be nice but that's what I got.