Re: A tiny amount of money( was: re: Slashdot and Newsforge)

From: Charlie Strauss <cems_at_earthlink_dot_net>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 18:08:36 CST

On Mar 12, 2006, at 10:09 AM, Douglas W. Jones wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Teresa Hommel wrote:
>>
>> Myself, I tried some accessibility devices and couldn't get them to
>> work. The guy next to me in a wheelchair laughed and said, "Yeah but
>> if you use them all day, you get good at it." He had no trouble with
>> the same devices.

My own speculation is that there is one assistive device virtually
everyone learns to be proficient at: the telephone keypad.

There's one vendor developing (in fact they may actually be selling
it) a telephone based voting interface. The concept would be used in
the precint not a vote-at-home system and it's output would be a
marked ballot.