minority disenfranchisement via machine?

From: Stephanie Frank Singer <sfsinger_at_campaignscientific_dot_com>
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 11:18:07 CST

Friends,

If anyone has any leads on data indicating that voting machines could
be used to disenfranchise minority voters disproportionately, please
send them to Josh Mitteldorf and me. We already know about Josh's
paper on the New Mexico correlations from 2004 (where race and
machine type are the strongest correlates for high undervote
percentages).

The purpose is to produce some materials for raising the
consciousness of the many powerful, well-connected and well-funded
people who work through traditional means to decrease minority
disenfranchisement.

Thanks,
Stephanie