Re: Republican voting rights group

From: Edmund R. Kennedy <ekennedyx_at_yahoo_dot_com>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 22:49:52 CST

Hello Kurt,

Well yes, but is that part of OVC's mission? I recall
that a good certifiable system needs to have an
adequate voter registration/verification front end but
I think anything else along these lines is a
distration. Let the interested (partisan) parties
pursue it. We are working on the future with lessons
from the past but we can't change the past. Frankly,
some of the suggestions of massive voter fraud seem to
be based on myth not fact. Boss Tweed, Mayor Daley
(Sr.) and their vote fraud machines are long gone into
history. Let's not close the barn door after the
horse has ran away or try to solve no longer existent,
historic problems.

Again, I think a fair system will be structured to
discourage fraud at both ends and to see to it that
those who are qualified to vote actually get their
votes correctly recorded. From my place as a
Democratic partisan I know that OVC can't get
Secretaries of State or County Election Commissioners
to purchase enough election machines or to distribute
them propertly among polling places. However, I'll be
happy with OVC if we can make election equipment
inexpensive, reliable and trustworthy.

The other issues are best handled by our partisan
selves outside of OVC.

Thanks, Ed Kennedy

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewPolitics.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200503\POL200503

> > 30c.html