Re: Republican voting rights group

From: Ed Kennedy <ekennedyx_at_yahoo_dot_com>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 22:12:11 CST

Hello Alan:

I respect the fact that OVC is a non-partisan group. Democrats,
Republicans, Libertarians, Greens and the everyone else has legitimate
horror stories from the 2004 election. Just as there seems to be something
wrong in Ohio, there are legitimate, lingering questions in Washington
State. However, the article below from, "The American Prospect," is a
partisan article. People are forewarned.

The organization you've asked about seems similar to a number of
'Astro-turf' (pseudo grass root) blogs and organizations that the URL below
talks about.

<http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?section=root&name=ViewPrint&articleId=9363>

The charge is that a number of seemingly independent blogs are actually
fronts for party activists. Even if this is true, if we can get this group
interested in supporting development an open source, statewide, voter
registration database system, it may yet be worthwhile to deal with them. I
don't actually believe that they would be interested but you never know.

Thanks, Ed Kennedy