Re: An interesting article on policies and proceedures for voter registration. This is something we do need to work on as part of the ultimate certification package.

From: Keith Copenhagen <K_at_copetech_dot_com>
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 15:12:14 CST

I'll weigh in here, I think the principles of open source and voter audit
force OVC to provide a vision of a traceable / tamper resistent voter
rolls. This, to me, is a more pressing and critical architectural concern
than bar-codes or other implementation details.

Despite the public awareness here being less than with voting machines.
The
import of How voters are added, deleted, matched with their ballot and How
the
ballot is validated at the point of tabulation is more subtle and more in
need
of sunshine.

-Keith

--