Re: An interesting article on policies and proceedures for voter registration. This is something we do need to work on as part of the ultimate certification package.

From: Edmund R. Kennedy <ekennedyx_at_yahoo_dot_com>
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 10:12:06 CST

Hello Kurt and others,

It's my understanding that the voter registration
process has been and continues to be used and abused
as a means to keep poor and minorities from voting.
The charge of voting fraud seems generally like a
piece of magician's misdirection away from the rest of
the problems in the voting process. Bottom line here
is that not only does the voting process, from
registration to the final audit have to be actually
fair, it also has to appear fair. Right now it
doesn't meet any of these basic requirements.

True Confessions: I don't have any expertise in large
databases and having trouble keeping my own address
book cleaned up and the various copies synchronized.

Still, keeping a database of names, addresses and
other relevant data seems like a fairly straight
forward and unsubtle process. Why hasn't this been
done already? (Or has it?) This seems like something
that could be 'spun off' to most any small group of
open source programmers. I understand some states
have already set up state wide standardized voting
registration systems. Does anyone have information on
this?

Finally, I understand the basic business plan is to
focus on canvassing systems or vote tabulators so
maybe we should put this discussion off for a while.
I know that I'm been scattered lately and am trying to
regain focus.

Thanks, Ed Kennedy

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/needed_voter_rolls_clean_and_complete.php

> > --