Re: An interesting article on policies and proceedures for voter registration. This is something we do need to work on as part of the ultimate certification package.

From: <dr-jekyll_at_att_dot_net>
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 07:11:57 CST

Good point. I believe in applying the Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail to voter registration lists as well as to ballots. I believe one of the driving forces behind the movement for expanding early voting and doing away with precincts is the capability it gives for those phantom voters to vote.

1) Washington Times via www.washtimes.com 10/26/2002 -- A former city official in Helena Arkansas pleaded guilty to fraudulent voting. In this case, it was absentee ballots, but it's obvious the security weakness in voter registration is just as enabling to fraud in early voting.

2) In 1986, a voter registration clean-up program sent mail to registered voters and did follow-ups on the mail that was returned as undeliverable produced a list of 30,000 names to be challenged in Louisiana. It was stopped because of lawsuits and the list of 30,000 names was not acted upon.

Nor yet, O Freedom! close thy lids in slumber; for thine enemy never sleeps. (From The Antiquity of Freedom by William Cullen Bryant)

--
Kurt
This email sent using 100%