Would you please sign this Best Practices document w/ us?

From: Kathy Dopp <kathy_at_uscountvotes_dot_org>
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 14:17:57 CST

I am writing to request signatures on Charlie Strauss' and my "Best
Practices" document.

I know a lot of you helped write this document by giving advice and was
wondering if any of you would please publicly sign it with us?

http://uscountvotes.net/voting_machines/Best_Practices_US.pdf

We need such a document signed by many credentialed persons, very much
because it can be used by voting rights activists to:

1. obtain better legislation for voting equipment

2. obtain better requirements in RFPs for voting equipment

3. educate legislators, election officials, and so forth regarding
requirements that need to be set for voting systems.

Also, I need help writing an appendix for it that explains in plain
English the rationale for many of the items listed in the doc.

If you would be willing to sign this with us, please email me your name,
credential, title, affiliation or whatever brief one or two line way
you'd like your name to appear in the list of signees.

Thank you very much. I have found that docs which are signed by
numerous computer professionals have far greater positive impact than a
single signatured doc.

http://uscountvotes.net/voting_machines/Best_Practices_US.pdf

Thanks.

Kathy Dopp