A cautionary note on open-source development

From: Ron Crane <voting_at_lastland_dot_net>
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 18:08:09 CST

This was blogged by one of the core reviewers of Firefox:

"This is bugging me, and its been bugging me for a while. In nearly
three years, we haven’t built up a community of hackers around Firefox,
for a myriad of reasons, and now I think we’re in trouble. Of the six
people who can actually review in Firefox, four are AWOL, and one
doesn’t do a lot of reviews....

continued at http://www.steelgryphon.com/blog/index.php?p=37 .

The Mozilla Foundation and associated groups are open source pioneers.
It's worth seeing what they have to teach.

-Ron