Re: Strategic plan revised

From: Ron Crane <voting_at_lastland_dot_net>
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 13:06:13 CST

> I made a few revisions based on comments -- reorganized with a few
> refinements and additions. I kept it to 6 pages. Obviously, the
> business plan is much longer and we'll be looking for help with that
> too.
>
> http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/ad/ovc-strategic-plan31.pdf

Some comments:

1. Deadlines and milestones. We need to set some so that we have solid
technical goals to work towards in addition to the solid membership,
etc., goals you've set out. I'd suggest a solid whole-system functional
spec first, followed by a detailed design doc for a voting station that
can print ballots readable via op-scan, followed by production-grade
software for the voting station itself.

2. When you talk about corporate memberships, what will prevent
existing vendors from watering down OVC's focus on openness?

3. That's very encouraging news about Troy Davis. I'd like to learn
more about what he's doing. How can I contact him?

-Ron've