Re: Text of count every vote act.

From: Teresa Hommel <tahommel_at_earthlink_dot_net>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 20:09:26 CST
I am happy to read this email, because I have been advocating something similar -- The law should require that all vote-recording and vote-counting be able to be appropriately and effectively observed by non-technical observers. The law should require accuracy. The law should not mandate specific technology. Elections are about votes, not computers. The standards should relate to accuracy and observation, not technology. If a non-technical observer can't tell what's going on, and has to "trust" a mathematician that some percentage of the votes don't have to be counted, the legitimacy of the election and the government is destroyed.
Teresa Hommel
www.wheresthepaper.org