Important endorsements for OVC this week-end

From: Alan Dechert <dechert_at_gmail_dot_com>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 20:06:03 CST

OVC has received endorsements from several long-time allies like Kathy
Dopp (US Count Votes), John Gideon and Ellen Theisen (VotersUnite!),
Jim March (BlackBoxVoting), Bob Kibrick (VerifiedVoting), and others.

Now we also have endorsements from two big names from the Saturday
event in Oakland, namely, Bob Fitrakis and Medea Benjamin. Fitrakis
and Benjamin both happen to be very influential Green Party members
and both received standing ovations at the Sat. event.

As it says in the article on openvoting.org about my meeting with David Cobb,
"The Open Voting Consortium plans to meet with leaders and
representatives of all parties in the U.S. in an effort to promote
Open Voting Consortium systems as a nationwide de facto standard."

We're trying to drum up support from all the parties. We also picked
up an endorsement from a Democrat who has taken a high-profile role in
the debate, namely, Maxine Waters.

http://www.house.gov/waters/

Thanks to Lara Shaffer for thinking of doing this and obtaining the
signatures! Lara traveled to the Teach-in event in Los Angeles to
meet Waters and others. As the list grows, it seems to get easier to
obtain endorsements. I think it's that bandwagon effect again.

Alan Dechert