Re: Access for hearing impaired

From: Alan Dechert <alan_at_openvotingconsortium_dot_org>
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 21:53:19 CST

Thanks for writing, Warren.

We are only demonstrating a few of the concepts behind the Open Voting
Consortium. We are only showing a system to address accessiblity issues
with reading impaired voters. We realize there are many different types of
disabilites that might cause a voter to have difficulty with existing voting
equipment.

We propose to investigate how to couple our idea with all the various
methods and technologies to assist people with disabilities to operate
computerized equipment.

Thanks again.

Alan Dechert