Re: Local interview

From: Alan Dechert <alan_at_openvotingconsortium_dot_org>
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 14:19:40 CST

Eron,

> I think we need to be a bit more active in this whole process, including
> lobbying Congress.

True. But none of it is written in stone. The whole situation is in a
state of great flux. It has been in a state of flux for many years and will
be in a state of flux for years to come.

We have a legislative component to our larger project (the one involving
many universities). So we don't want to burn too many OVC cycles on that
right now. We can assist others (e.g., Bev Harris) time-permitting that are
spearheading these efforts.

Alan