Publicity for the demo

From: David Mertz <voting-project_at_gnosis_dot_cx>
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 13:55:17 CST

> For the audio, what platform and browser are you using? So far I've
> tested on IE and Mozilla under Windows XP, and Safari on the Mac.
> I saw the same thing you did on the ballot printout, also using
> Preview in MacOS X, so Jan added (yay Jan!) the JPEG output, which
> always looks great. And there's PostScript output for the hardcore.

Hmmm... I ran it on Safari 1.2.1 on Mac OSX 10.3.3. In other words,
the latest stuff.

I got the "broken quicktime" icon for both WAV and MP3 (same thing as I
see with an unsupported codec and the like). However, if I save the
files that the browser does not launch, then click on them in Finder,
iTunes launches and plays the sound files. I might be tempted to think
it's a MIME type issue, but the fact it knew to try Quicktime at all
kinda argues against that.

I wouldn't worry much about the issue. I'm sure it works for most
people; and it works for me if I take a couple extra steps. As a demo
of what the system does, it's very useful.