Re: [OVC-demo-team] Plea for $$ money -- contributions

From: David Mertz <voting-project_at_gnosis_dot_cx>
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 02:20:45 CST

> First of all, the SourceForge site doesn't have a donation feature
> enabled:
> https://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=86315

It appears that ALL of us admins have to select "opt-in" for the
sourceforge donation feature. Doesn't seem like a good design choice,
IMO, but what's to do? For the record, the admins are:

        adechert
        adrainne
        arthurkeller
        gnosis (David Mertz)
        karrman
        mclain

Only me and Fred have checked this option (of course, I only did so two
minutes earlier).

A paypal button on the OVC website couldn't hurt.... I've had one at my
book site (http://gnosis.cx/TPiP) for a couple months, and I -have-
gotten a stunning total of ZERO donations[*] :-).

Yours, David...

[*] Not that I'm complaining--I *did* choose to make my text freely
available--but it would have sort have warmed my heart if *one* of the
eight thousand or so people who have read it since then had, y'know,
given me a dollar. Aside from off-topic ranting, it makes me doubt
slightly whether the button will get much for OVC. Then again, a free
text is a different thing than a community project, so maybe.

---
Dred Scott 1857; Santa Clara 1876; Plessy 1892;
Korematsu 1944; Eldred 2003