Re: [OVC-demo-team] EVM2003 & Indian Elections

From: David Mertz <voting-project_at_gnosis_dot_cx>
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 13:39:28 CST

> This time in India, they plan to substitute paper ballots with
> Electronic Voting Machines in many states. These machines
> are mass produced by the fully owned govt. company "ECIL"
> (Electronic Corporation of India Pvt. Ltd). The complaint
> has been raised by the non-ruling political parties that this
> machines does not have a voter verifiable paper trial.

Hi Anand,

I would be happy to review your article draft, our outlines along the
way. I think I have a good sense of writing, of your audience, and of
the voting issues. I've followed the Indian voting machines somewhat,
but probably not in as much detail as someone like you who lives and
votes there.

Getting something like this into _Linux for You_ would be great! (for
other readers who may not know, _Linux for You_ is an English-language
print publication).

I'd ask the editors about copyright stuff, if it is not already clear.
A good article like yours would probably be worth publishing other
places as well; especially online where more people can easily read it.
  I doubt the magazine would object to such a thing, but it's worth
making sure.

Yours, David...

P.S. Moved over to the voting-project list.