Partisanship of election vendors and officials

From: Alan Dechert <alan_at_openvotingconsortium_dot_org>
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 12:20:46 CST

As with many other articles in the media, the Vanity Fair article that just
came out also mentions the strong Republican ties to Diebold and others.

I want to state my opinion on this for the record. Partisanship should
never be used in any debate over the merits or demerits of any voting
system. It must be assumed that the people building the system and the
people running the system all have strong partisan views.

Any voting system whose security depends on the people building the system
and/or running the system being non-partisan has no security at all.

--Alan D.