Vanity Fair article--"Hack the Vote"

From: Alan Dechert <alan_at_openvotingconsortium_dot_org>
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 16:57:33 CST

I don't think this is available online. I bought a copy of the magazine
just for this article. I regret blowing the $4.50. I'd send this to
someone else (anyone that asked!) but this magazine is so heavy with ads and
so perfumy that I don't think it would mail well. You have to go through
about 80 pages of ads to get to the table of contents (in fact, the title
page is on page 72).

Bev Harris got her picture in there. So, that's okay. There is a nice link
to OpenVoting.org at blackboxvoting.org. So, it can't hurt for her to get
the publicity. Some of our other friends are in there: Rubin, Dill, Jones,
etc. Doug Jones gets the last word, as he often does in other articles.

It's sort of a 10,000 word summary of a lot of articles we've been reading.

No OVC mentioned. Our day has not come yet... not today, anyway. Soon,
perhaps.