Re: Diebold Commercials in Georgia

From: Jeff Almeida <spud_at_spudzeppelin_dot_com>
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 16:44:15 CST

Also Sprach Alan Dechert:
>I think some contracts go for quite a few years. However, election code is
>going to undergo drastic change in the coming few years. So, these
>contracts will have to change too. A friend and business associate of mine
>some years ago worked for a large firm where his job was to get out of
>contracts. He spent all day every day breaking contracts. Contracts can
>always be undone. Sometimes getting out of contracts costs some money, but
>it's done all the time.

IANAL, but it's my understanding that an illegal contract (or for that
matter, a contract to do something illegal) is automatically invalid.
Consequently, if election law changes to make the services contracted for
no longer legal, it should automatically render the agreement void. Any
contractual/business lawyers afoot to elucidate?

jeff :)

Jeff D. "Spud (Zeppelin)" Almeida
Corinth, TX
spud@spudzeppelin.com