Re: Diebold Commercials in Georgia

From: Mason Miller <miller_at_sitewelder_dot_com>
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 06:58:29 CST

I have been offline on a project for a while, but I would say that the
money that is already committed is going to be as big a problem as
anything. I think that any open-source voting software should be
available for the various vendor platforms. Municipalities might end
up paying the vendor as much to maintain the machines running
open-source. If the vendors could divorce themselves from liability
for the software by running an open-source solution, and still generate
the same revenue, it would be an easier pill to swallow.

Mason

On Mar 5, 2004, at 4:51 PM, Alan Dechert wrote:

> Should be fun, though. There is a lot of money at stake, so we can
> expect a
> lot of twists and turns.

ListingsToGo
http://www.listingstogo.com/