Re: Fwd: EFFector 17.8: FCC Faces Suit on Regulation of Digital Broadcast TV

From: Douglas W. Jones <jones_at_cs_dot_uiowa_dot_edu>
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 15:21:05 CST

On Mar 10, 2004, at 2:25 PM, Arthur Keller wrote:

> ~ What Primaries Don't Tell Us About E-Voting
> Edward Cone with a great piece on confidence in e-voting
> machines:
> <http://www.baselinemag.com/article2/0,1397,1542125,00.asp>

The argument from the Maryland Secretary of State using the
recent primary as grounds to argue that their security is
excellent is like me arguing that, because my car was not
stolen last Tuesday night, my automotive security precautions
must be judged to be excellent, despite the fact that I usually
don't bother locking my car doors.

                Doug Jones
                jones@cs.uiowa.edu