Re: 7000 Orange County voters given bad ballots

From: Alan Dechert <alan_at_openvotingconsortium_dot_org>
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 11:59:06 CST

> I think we have to face the reality that replacing the voting system is
> going to mean replacing some of the baboons currently running things.
> Actually, by saying "running things" I am being overly generous. A lot of
> these registrars are just stooges for the vendors.

I guess I'm being a bit mean with this language, but I am outraged by the
attitudes of some registrars.

In fairness, they just don't know how things could be a lot different.
They've never been offered a much better way--like what we will be offering.

Alan D.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/latimests/20040309/ts_latimes/7000orangecountyvotersweregivenbadballots