Re: Plea for $$ money -- contributions

From: Nathan L. Adams <adamsn79_at_bellsouth_dot_net>
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 11:06:48 CST

On Friday 27 February 2004 01:11 pm, dr-jekyll@att.net wrote:
> You're welcome. The money is well spent.
>
> BTW -- I'm currently in the process of accepting the job offer here at FIS.
> I've informed them that I'm a founding member (I hope I am) of OVC and I
> hope that their non-disclosure agreement doesn't apply to outside
> activities that are non-work-related. The agreement says all inventions,
> discoveries, and works of authorship during the period of employment belong
> to Fidelity Information Services.

This is a common clause, it is NOT enforceable from what I have read, but you
should definitely renegotiate that part of the agreement just to be sure.
Just explain what you are involved in and why that clause is a problem for
you. Smart companies will have no problem rewording stuff like that.

Nathan