Re: Re: [OVC-demo-team] GO for March Demo

From: Alan Dechert <alan_at_openvotingconsortium_dot_org>
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 13:12:21 CST

Ouch!

> It's possible I overlooked a
> request, so let me know if I accidentally left you out (no one
> requesting Founding Members status was denied).

I mentioned my wife Lori on the Found Members list but forgot to mention her
contributions to the overall project!

For one thing, I gave her the nearly impossible task of getting the OVC
formally organized. I say nearly impossible because we had no money to hire
an attorney. She recruited a law professor at the McGeorge School of Law
(Univ of the Pacific), and we got some students there to work on it for next
to nothing. They prepared the Articles of Incorporation and they are still
working on the Bylaws (will have to be modified in the not too distant
future).

She also made some of our first contacts with election officials outside of
CA (namely, Illinois). She has also worked to promote the OVC in other
venues.

Besides all that, she has stood by me as I spent an inordinate number of
non-paying hours over the last three years ("foolishly," a lot of people
have said) trying to get this thing off the ground.

Thanks to Lori! Clearly, this project would not exist if not for her
support.

--Alan D.