Re: Pork barrel critiques

From: Nathan L. Adams <adamsn79_at_bellsouth_dot_net>
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 06:10:51 CST

On Friday 05 March 2004 03:28 pm, Alan Dechert wrote:
> It's getting hard to find icons with the requisite purity.
>
> Alan D.

So I think we should look to ourselves or the group as a whole for any
'icons'. We are incredibly diverse, both politically and professionally. The
OVC's only political slant is to promote fair and accurate elections. Diebolt
received a large amount of deserved criticism for being staunch Republican
supporters. We deserve criticism too if we start leaning towards the
Democrats, Libertarians, Greens, or whoever. The support or lack of support
for the defense industry, the environment, or any other government project
doesn't belong on this list. Lets make fair and accurate elections our 'icon'
and try to rise above the *political* rhetoric of the DRE manufacturers.

Nathan