Re: GO for March Demo

From: Rick Gideon <rick_at_openvoting_dot_org>
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 14:34:30 CST

Instead of constructing our own system to show the inaccuracy of voting,
why not use something that already exists and is available widely.

http://wheresthepaper.org

Excellent way to show the smoke and mirrors approach to what can happen
with paperless voting. Make up a packet of news articles and industry news
that shows the flaws and confusion that have resulted recently due to
improperly configured devices and lack of accountability/auditability.
Stay away from slanted or conspiracy type articles. Keep it factual.

Showcase the OVC system, its advantages and features, but give folks ample
evidence that there is an issue with the voting system unlike what is being
told by Voting officials and DRE manufacturers, the people who stand to profit
from these devices. But I wouldn't get too detailed since it may change
slightly in the future.

Showing people the cost savings basis and auditability of the OVC system
as compared to paperless systems gives people something to relate to..
MONEY.

rick