Re: GO for March Demo

From: <dr-jekyll_at_att_dot_net>
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 07:14:01 CST

While I like the idea of an obviously altered mock election of some American icons versus some universally accepted nasties, I also see a down side. Would people react adversely toward us because we wrote cheating code or altered the database rather than focus on our intentions?

Having participated in Denton County Texas' evaluation of proposed new voting equipment and observing the sales tactics, I'm afraid they would show election officials our demo and seize any differences in the systems as a way to say we have security flaws in our systems that they don't have in theirs. You should have heard the misleading statements I heard from some of these vendor people. If anybody can twist things out of shape, they can.

Perhaps just focus on the Florida election where 134 votes were lost and keep hitting them with the question "Don't those folks wish they had some paper ballots to recount?".

Kurt