GO for March Demo

From: Alan Dechert <alan_at_openvotingconsortium_dot_org>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 17:34:58 CST

I mentioned that we would try for a decision March 1 for a March 15 demo.
We were delayed a couple of days on the decision, but now we've made it.
We're going to go ahead with the demo in Palo Alto CA, probably the week of
March 22.

Right now, I want to say a big THANK YOU for Fred McLain for pulling the
people and code together. There is still a lot of work to do between now
and then, but we know we can do it. Thanks also to the major code
contributors, namely, Jan, John-Paul, and Eron! Laird is also helping to
get the online version in shape. Thanks, Laird!

If you ever thought about pitching in to make this work, now is the time!
Arthur will make arrangements for the specific time/date/place of the event.
We have some clues about publicizing the event but we can always use some
help there.

Originally, when I thought of doing the demo, I wanted to set up a DRE (or
some mock up of one) and smash it with a sledge hammer on television.
Arthur doesn't seem to think that's such a great idea. However, I think we
need some stunt other than just showing the system and explaining how it
works. There has to be some excuse for the TV cameras. If you have some
ideas on that, let's have them!

Also, if you check what I originally wrote about what we
http://gnosis.python-hosting.com/voting-project/August.2003/0218.html

In several instances, I mention hand-outs we should prepare. This is
another thing we could use some help with.

In general, if you can help, write to me privately and include your phone
number so we can discuss it.

Thanks.

Alan Dechert
alan@openvoting.org