Re: FAQ # 8

From: Alan Dechert <alan_at_openvotingconsortium_dot_org>
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 13:59:49 CST

Thanks Rick, for taking that one.

It might be preferable to say "record your vote electronically" instead of
"tabulate your vote electronically." I don't think what you have is wrong,
but we often think of "tabulation" in the context of aggregating votes --
not so much as recording a single vote.

Also could use a grammar and spell check.

Alan D.

> On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Popkin, Laird (WMG Corp) wrote:
> > "What is a DRE?"
> >
> Direct Recording Electronic, or more simply electronic voting machines
> which tabulate your vote electronically. DRE machines are part of a
> mandate by the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA) to provide federal
> funds for the replacement of traditional punch card voting machines.
> A lot of controversy has been raised about the trustworthyness of DREs
> many independant sources have found them to be vulnerable to a wide range
> problems ranging from security problems to lack of auditability to the
> of a voter verifiable paper ballot.
= The content of this message, with the exception of any external
= quotations under fair use, are released to the Public Domain
Received on Wed Dec 31 23:17:06 2003

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Wed Dec 31 2003 - 23:17:18 CST